I know I'm in Vancouver when...
1. Your coworker has 8 body piercing and none are visible.
2. You make over $250,000 and still can't afford a house.
3. You take a bus and are shocked at 2 people carrying on a conversation in English.
4. Your child's 3rd grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, & is named "Breeze".
5. You can't remember ... is pot illegal? I have this conversation at least once a week! I swear!!!
6. You've been to more than one baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.
7. You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown and can taste the difference between Sumatra and Ethiopian.
8. You also know which Yaletown restaurant serves the freshest arugula.
9. A really great parking space can move you to tears.
10. A man gets on the bus in full leather regalia and crotchless chaps; You don't even notice.
11. A woman gets on the bus with live poultry; You don't even notice.
12. The guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing the baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney IS George Clooney.
13. Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.
14. The gym is packed at 3 PM ....on a work day.
15. Your hairdresser is straight, your plumber is gay, the woman who delivers your mail is into BDSM, and your Mary Kay rep is a guy in drag.
16. You watch the weather from a Seattle TV station because it's more accurate (see 19).
17. You pass an elementary school and the children are all busy with their cell phones or pagers while waiting for their personal rides home.
18. You're sure you're the only one on the road with a REAL driver's license.
19. The weather forecast calls for possible sunny periods, some cloudy periods, and a probability of rain showers... AND EVERY DAY IT'S THE SAME!
20. The more expensive the car, the worse the driver.
and now I go double check that I've packed everything I need for my trip.